Wednesday, September 17, 2008

An Update

I'm back. That's actually what's been keeping me away. My back. I pulled something in my lower back and spent several painful days looking at the ceiling and trying not to move or breath. Thank goodness that John is patient and loving & kept me medicated and fed and kept the cokes where I could reach them.

This is Harry and I. I spent a wonderful solitary Sunday afternoon at his library learning all about the start of the cold war. I actually had ventured out to see the Abraham Lincoln exhibit. (Abe is everywhere I look these days~ so how could I miss the exhibit)

My sis and her hubby are deep in the heart of Texas this week. Brian is learning for his job, and Deb is playing tourist deluxe. We got the best end of the deal. Lauren and Erin. We spent the most beautiful fall day at the Deanna Rose Farmstead with Erin. All sorts of farm animals, a warm autumn day, and the cutest 3 year old in the whole county. Doesn't get better than this.

We took a horse drawn hayride through the woods. It may just have been the best 15 minutes of the year.

We feed goats, chickens, ducks and Erin!

This afternoon I caught this shadowy image of Brady in the window. What's really weird is that this is a window that faces east- the sun doesn't shine through it in the afternoon. But for some reason the car was reflecting the sun. The funny part is that John was underneath the window trying to get the cat to lift up his paw.

Deb's sweet cat Charlie is about 18 and is really sick this week. Erin was giving him lots of love and "being very gentle."