Monday, June 1, 2009

Swimmingly

The summer has gotten off to a swimmingy good start. We celebrated my cousins daughter Mallory's birthday at a swim party. I love this picture. It's got a lot of personality.

Happy 6th Birthday Mallory!
That crazy Aunt Renie went on the big slide! Much to the delight of her little fan club who cheered wildly from below.

Erin was so pleased to pose with the big girls. What a little bathing beauty! Now the other girls looked like they got hit with the silly stick!


My cousin Angie, my aunt Bev and my cousin-in-law Stacee soak up some sun.

I took Lauren to the deep side. And without my noticing Erin came to join us. She exclaimed that she was "um sinking."

After the party we had a real treat. A recital. Lauren was wonderful. She plunked out her little happy song with the utmost of confidence and beauty.

Then my beautiful sister played her piece accompanied by teacher Mrs. Fry. The recital was held at a local nursing home much to the joy of the dozen or so residents who came to watch or to catch up on their sleep.