Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Pioneer Woman Part 2

When a blogger blogs about another blogger does the world collapse like one of those strange optical illusion posters. Monday I met the Pioneer Woman. The inspiration behind 100's of blogs and the face responsible for the documentation of the Myers house for the past two years. 20 years from now families across the country will have her to thank for those pictures of the sixth grade science project, the dog on the night that it hailed so bad that he stood on the back of the couch, and their young nieces on the very day they stuffed Barbie salt and pepper shakers up their noises. Yes, documentation is good.

The big book signing attracted bookoos of women. Ree kept it from getting stuffy by bringing along her two boys. Who kept it real, by being boys. If you look very carefully you can see me in this picture. I'm in that mustardy colored green sweater that is right underneath the women's nose on the right.

When I went to see Oprah last summer my left elbow was featured on the show. This time it's my right boob. I don't know where this is headed.
By the way supper tonight was Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich, a cubed steak sandwich with fried onions (page 88 of the cookbook) that was perfect for this drab, gray rainy Wednesday. The Pioneer Woman Cooks is available on Amazon.