Monday, July 27, 2009

Change

Jackson has been playing sports for 9 years or so. All that time we've been the driving force behind his practices. Either as chauffeur, or over seer. Or in John's case as coach. When he first started playing we even had to dress him from head to toe in hockey pads. The equipment bag was bigger than he was.

Last week something changed.

After working out all summer with the high school team, Jackson went to the middle school training camp. He woke up, got ready and walked to practice. Then walked home. Look Mom no parents!~ My only glimpse of the team was this strategic drive by.

This is a season of change here at Myers house. After two years as a stay at home mom, I've accepted a new job. It's a great opportunity at a church in Prairie Village. My hope is that I'll be able to connect young people to their church and to God. Today was my first day.