Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Getting Along Swimmingly

We swim. Almost every day we go to the pool with Deb and the girls. This blog could be filled with a hundred azure blue pictures of our handsome, beautiful children with really long hair. I'll spare you that fate every day. But I did want to give you a taste of our summer.

Erin loves the water.
Lauren has taken to riding her bike to the pool- with either mom or I following along behind her. It's too cute. Those little legs are pumping. We sing the witch song from the wizard of oz. Dum, da,dum dad daaaa. Ya know the witch is going to town on her bike screeching "I'll get you my pretty." Amusing our selves is important here at Myers house.

Completely unrelated. ....After trying on 35 different swimming suits over a period of about a week. I brought in reinforcements. Deb and I were on a mission and came away with one workable cooper and black suit that will hopefully last until I am in a wheelchair.
On another completely unrelated pictureless thread....I have applied to be a Faith Writer for the local paper. They have about a dozen rotating columnist who write about living their faith. It's an unpaid gig but one with lots of exposure. I'm sure that I was one of about a thousand 40 year old Christians who wanted to write about their faith. But hey I at least put it out there.