Saturday, June 21, 2008

Memory Full

That annoying little pop up message that appears way too frequently on my camera is a perfect description of my nice ordinary Summer Saturday. Memory Full. Just good stuff. Swimming with Jack. John's awesome summer supper. Tinkering around in the backyard. An adorable little black and white ball of fluff kitten at the nursery where I picked out plants. Dairy Queen ice cream. Reading under the shade tree with Jack.


This is my very own Stanley Cup. Finally fitted in all it's glory for the summer season. I made it last year and my intention is to fill the planter with flowers in the colors of whatever team wins the cup each year. Or as close as possible. Some teams will be a real challenge. What do you do with black flowers? Or teal? Last year's Anaheim Duck's gold and black ended up being ugly old marigolds. This year's cup plays honor to the Detroit Red Wings and even features a small team flag purchased on Ebay. A few weeks ago the dogs knocked over the cup and broke the top. My search for a new one ended after three stores. Cause no one in their right mind would go to four stores looking for a terra cotta pot oh about 12 inches across and not very deep. So I painstakingly gorilla glued it back together. Don't ya just love that stuff. New coat of paint. Good as new.

Next on the tour of Myers House back yard..... the bistro table in the gazebo with those awesome newly painted chairs. Remember beige is bad.

Your entertainment on this tour is Brady the wonder cat. Shown here getting his first real taste of the backyard. He's an indoor cat. Jack lynched him up to some kind of leash and the two looked completely ridiculous but had a thoroughly good time out there together. Please excuse those gashes on Jack's neck. I'm sure that Brady is really sorry. And that Jack probably deserved them.


Cooper just laughed and looked beautiful. He's like a walking Hallmark card.




John kept me company as I planted and placed and picked around on my landscaping. Colby hung out under the hammock. But couldn't get any pictures because yes you guessed it..... memory full.