Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter Let's Go

Happy Easter Y'all. Easter is one of those holidays at Myers house that is just plumb full of good memories. We added some new one's this year. We started out worshipping at church. Singing those old hymns that we sang as little girls in itchy Easter dresses at my grandma's little white country church that stands in the middle of the corn field. Christ the Lord has risen today. He lives.. He lives. My Gerty's grandpa Louis donated the land the church stands on. Services were originally held in German. Gerty played the piano like nobody's business and did it by ear. She played ragtime jazz on Saturday nights. But on Sunday mornings she held the small congregation on beat with those songs. Sometimes I can hardly sing them on Easter cause I miss my Gerty so much.

Anyway. John and Jackson don't sing. They stand there looking contemplative. Actually Jack helped hide eggs for the younger kids during the service. And then they matched up with a little person to help them on the hunt. Jack said his was like "2 feet tall" and was named Matthew.

After church we headed to our friends Artero and Jona's for dinner. They hosted all sorts of family and friends. And had a great feast. Their youngest daughter has a new bird named Lisa. She was so proud of Lisa. One Easter Deb and I got beautiful white bunnies. And I named mine Ann. Debbie named her's thumber. But she couldn't get out the "th" sound so it was forever bumber. My Granny's beagle Pooch ate bumber in a great tragedy a few years later. But Ann survived living in great comfort at my Granny's for many years.

Then for super we headed to Deb's for a family dinner. Grandpa Harold had the Easter spirit. He and Mom had attended her 50th class reunion the night before.


Erin shows off the basket that Uncle Johnny and I gave to her. Man the hiding of the eggs is a fun game when you are 4. Over and over and over.