Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring Break Starts

It's Spring Break! The kiddos are busting loose. That's Jackson's friend Daniel doing the Heisman trophy imitation.

By the way that wagon wheel in the background used to be a part of the wagon that brought my family to Missouri way back before the Civil War. Two of the four Botts brothers fought for the Union forces in Illinois, including my ancestor Sydney Botts. If you can think of any creative or useful thing to do with old wagon wheels- please email me. I also have the trunk that my family used when they came to America from Germany in 1847. It's in the storage underneath the steps. But about 10 years ago I had it appraised through the Oprah Show. They estimated it would be worth about $100 but would of course be priceless to family history. I almost made it on their show about hidden treasures.