Sunday, May 24, 2009

Gone Fishing

It's the first day of summer here at Myers house. I don't care what the calendar says Memorial Day weekend is summer. We piled in the van and went fishing. Except in Cooper and I's case this meant taking a long leisurely hike in the woods. Yea right. There is nothing leisurely about a walk with Cooper. He pulls like a locomotive when he gets a wiff of those intoxicating smells of rabbit and birds. I always imagine my arm snapping off like a Barbie's. Or something off a SNL skit. Sometimes when I'm being tossed about I think about all the money we spent on doggie obedience. That all goes out the window when one little bunny has crossed the trail anytime in the last month. And I wonder for a few seconds why I didn't pick some tiny little breed like a pug. But ya really can't walk in the woods by yourself with a dinky dog. And I love big athletic dogs.

Cooper is a weird dog. He doesn't like water. Baths are torture. Remember he's not all golden. And what ever part isn't decided doesn't like water. But it's hot. Really hot. And he just wanted a cool drink and somehow he kinda fumbled into the lake. And discovered cool feels pretty good and must have thought I'll just kinda hang out here a bit.


The boys set up for some serious fishing.

And for some serious contemplation. Like "wonder why Cooper never liked the water before."