Friday, May 29, 2009

Minnesota

The boys just returned from a road trip to Minnesota. Their beloved Red Sox were in Minneapolis for a few games against the Twins and the boys journeyed over 7 hours to watch.

Jackson reported that Iowa was full of corn, and that the cokes at the Metrodome were "salty." The wonder of travel. Watching baseball in a dome took a bit of getting used to.

Jackson wears this jersey all the time. It's an Adrian Peterson Viking football jersey. With hand sown lettering. Did I mention that it has to be hand washed. And that he likes to wear it like all the time.

I stayed home to glory in chick flicks and peace & quiet. Just me and the dogs. With only one interruption when the neighbor kids knocked on the door for assistance with a dog that was eating baby rabbits. The boys took these pictures so there were like 20 pictures of pitching ace Jonathon Papelbon. Jackson loves Paps. Ok. So do I. Except when it's April and it's 30 degrees out and I've sat through 8 innings of baseball and I can't feel my feet or my nose even though I'm piled in winter coat, gloves and even an ugly hat. "Let's leave Papelbon won't pitch today." And then just as we hit the car we hear the announcer say "now pitching Jonathon Papelbon." I don't think Jackson will ever let me forget it.

Evidently they race fish in Minnesota. These five assorted fish run the bases for entertainment. Here in Missouri we race sausages. It's a big deal. A local dj was the mustard for a game and it sold out. Remember we haven't had much to cheer about for a number of years so the sausages do it for us.

It's just so funny. Run trout run. (say it like run forest run and you'll laugh too) There was a bear in the race. T.C. the bear ran after the fish and tackled them. This may have just been worth the 7 hour drive.