Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Change for America



Jackson and I attended the Barack Obama rally downtown today. He's been absolutely begging me to take him for several days. When our countries leaders start to seem like rock stars to my 12 year old- well this can be good. We were at Municipal Auditorium at 4:10, and waited in the foyer for 35 minutes. The wind chills are in single digits so as we waited the foyer became increasingly crowded until there literally wasn't room to bend down and tie your shoes. Then we waited another hour and 15 minutes in a long serpentine line. Finally, back aching feet throbbing we made it to the rally hall. Obama obviously has a lot of supporters in KC! We stood along a second floor rail where a big old pillar blocked our view of Obama but at least we could see him enter the stage and we could see the people's response. I didn't think that the strict security would allow camera's (I was wrong!) so today's picture is of Jackson eating his dinner. I was so tired I couldn't even think about waiting in a real restaurant for food! Jackson by the way was very impressed with Obama and now wants to "volunteer for his campaign."