Sunday, January 27, 2008

Gentle Sunny Sundays

Don't cha just love Sundays? This morning we went to church. Jackson is studying with the confirmation class and will hopefully make a profession of faith in late April. They unveiled the new youth room~ with much admiration from Jack and his friends!

Then Deb and I visited Granny in the hospital. We are so happy that she's receiving excellent, loving care. I didn't bring the camera or I would have taken a picture of the cherry pie & vanilla ice cream that brought her such joy! We really enjoyed our visit together.

It's a wonderful 50 degrees today. So Jack and I found a trail that wasn't just sopping mud. John sometimes rides his bikes along this trail. Cooper still ended up a muddy mess. Poor Colby had to stay home so that her wounded paw wouldn't get filthy.

I used to commute through the lake every day- and in the winter I love this scene. It's a winding little creek that flows into the bigger lake. The rest of the year the trees and leaves block the view entirely.


Here's Jack checking out the woods along the hiking trail. This trail is on a bit of a ridge that runs along the rim of the lake.