Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Salt of the Earth

We ran out of salt today. Isn't it great to have someone that you can borrow some salt from when the cupboard is empty! People who are sometimes literally the salt of the earth! I know that my hamburger's gonna taste a whole lot better because of their good-neighborlyness.


The kids are downstairs having a "bubble hockey" tournament. A frigid, cold Saturday night just doesn't get better than that.



Jackson and John spent last night and today at the big Royals Fan Fest. You may have noticed but Jackson looks just like me- strangers comment on it at the store. But it's like John has cloned himself as far as Jackson's interest. They both love collecting sports cards, and watching games. Today I realized that when I was 12 I would have lived to go to something like Fan Fest too.

While the boys were out and about, I worked on a scrapbooking project using memories of Christmas. I also made my sixth trip to the vet this January. This time to have Colby's bandages changed. Luckily our vet's are great.