Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dress Clothes for 12 Year Old Boys

12 year old boys and dress clothes don't exact mix. But somehow we got the deed done tonight with the purchase of a nice pair of black pants and a maroon shirt. I think Granny will be very proud of how he's gonna look.



I also ordered funeral flowers for Granny. A beautiful arrangement of 'country flowers' - sunflowers and daisys. Deb and I will hand carry the flowers because we fear that otherwise our flowers will just be thrown in the trash. How sad is this.

Granny's obituary appeared in the Star today.

Micha Young
Micha Young, 88, Smithville formerly of Keytesville, MO died February 16. She is survived by her son Ron Young, two granddaughters Diane Young Myers and Deborah Calhoon and three great- grandchildren Jackson, Lauren and Erin. Funeral service 9:30 am Mount Moriah North Kansas City Thursday, Feb 21 Published in the Kansas City Star on 2/19/2008.

And as soon as my Dad saw it he threw a fit. He called me in a nasty rage. What kind of cretin doesn't want their mother to have an obituary? And the funeral home told me that there were no plans for an obit.